Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why, God??

Awhile back I blogged about not understanding cancer. Well, the other question I'm going to ask God someday is why He feels the need to take babies or why some are born with disabilities. A co-worker and friend of mine was pregnant with her first baby. One Monday the doctor discovered that the heartbeat wasn't as fast as it should be. After an emergency c-section on Tuesday, she gave birth to little Matthew, weighing 2.7 pounds. Although he was born 8 weeks early he was breathing on his own and eating from an eye dropper. The doctors all expected him to make it. But, yesterday Jesus decided to take little Matthew into His arms. My friend is beside herself and I can't even imagine their agony!
Awhile ago, another friend found out, to her dismay, that she was pregnant . She and her husband already have 4 kids and were completely happy with their family as it was. A few months into her pregnancy she found out that her baby girl has spinal bifida and water on the brain. She has 20% chance of ever walking on her own or having bladder control. My friend is going to San Francisco at the end of the month to help increase the baby's chances of living a "normal" life by undergoing major surgery. She's stressed out with all the complications and statistics of her baby's life and rightfully so.
As some of you know, Rob and I have been trying to have another kid for well over a year to no avail. It's days like today that I thank God that I'm not pregnant instead of going through the pain and suffering my friends are with their little ones. I am not strong enough to handle the things my friends are dealing with. I don't understand and, yes, it makes me mad truth be told, for God to allow little innocent ones to suffer and die. It also makes me thankful that we are able to enjoy the life of such a happy, healthy toddler who has brought us joy unimaginable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Second Attempt......
Jen: I just read this Blog. Maybe the words that follow will be of some help to you and to those who read your work. They are not original.
"It is all right- questions, pain,and stabbing anger can be poured out to God and He will not be damaged. Our wounded ragings will be lost in Him and we will be found. For we beat on His chest from within the circle of His arms."

" For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Is 41:13
Love Dad