Sunday, December 2, 2012

Baby, Baby..... Ducks!

As I write this, I am sitting with my feet up, something that I've unfortunately gotten accustomed to. :( The more I sit with my feet propped up the less "elephant feet" I get. Yesterday I didn't have a chance to prop my feet up for more than 30 minutes and I paid the price. By mid afternoon I could only fit into my slippers. But I was willing to pay the price for the fun day we had. It started out with maternity/family pictures. We were supposed to do them a few weeks ago but had to reschedule due to Rob getting called to the East Coast. Luckily our family photographer is great and was able to reschedule for us. After we spent a fun hour in the studio with her, my mom and I rushed off to my baby sprinkle that two of my good friends were throwing for me. A group of my friends and I enjoyed a nice lunch together and then Easton got spoiled with lots of fun new stuff (He won't have to wear his big brother's hand me downs every day!). I was able to prop my feet up for a few minutes before we rushed off to meet the Archery Family. We were in the Parade of Lights, representing Ducks Unlimited. Rob, P and I rode in the truck where it was warm. Rob drove and pulled the DU float while P and I threw out candy and DU hats. We topped off the night by  going to some friends' for a quick bite to eat. By that point I was so exhausted I could barely put one foot in front of the other and my feet were so swollen they were unrecognizable. Although it was a fun day I was more than ready to call it quits by the time I crawled into bed. But, like I said, it was well worth it and today I enjoy the Sabbath by observing it and relaxing.


No comments: