Monday, December 10, 2012

Rough N Tumble Kind of Day

Although P lacks grace like his mama, he doesn't really get hurt much and...knock on wood...has yet to get hurt seriously. By the end of the day, however, I felt like I needed to bubble wrap our poor son. We were at a store this morning and he was just standing next to me, not goofing off, when he lost his footing and slammed his eye into the sharp edge of the counter. It's times like that when I feel bad that I can't just swoop him up to console him. But he was fine with me kneeling down and hugging him until the tears stopped. We got home and when he went to climb into his booster seat at the table he slipped and fell, hitting his knee and head pretty good on the way down. Once again I held him until I knew he was going to be ok. After our nap we decided to take Holly for a walk to the water house up the hill. All was good until we started back down the hill. He usually runs down it but because of all the mud we were just taking our time walking down it. He tripped or something and fell, rolling down a few feet on his head. That fall had me worried more than the rest because of all the rocks and being on his head most of the fall. When it was all said and done, it scared him more than anything. I checked him over, held him and then we made our way home. To top it off, our poor kiddo has dealt with diarrhea for about 10 days now. Tonight when we were playing with him, we kept teasing him that he was stinky, thinking it was him passing gas. When he got ready for bed I found out why he was so stinky. Although he is fully potty trained, he must've thought he was passing gas. But he wasn't. It was quite a mess to clean up! He is now in bed and we can put this day behind us. I pray that tomorrow is not such a rough and tumble kind of day because this mama can't handle all the hang ups and bang ups!

No comments: