Saturday, December 15, 2012

For the Birds

Bed rest is for the birds! Some people would love to have an excuse to lay around but I'm not one of them. For one day? Maybe. But, more than that? Absolutely not! I don't know what God is trying to teach me but I'm not enjoying the lesson in the least. After being cooped up in the house for 48 hours while my parents bought the groceries, Rob and my dad took P to breakfast with Santa and I.....did nothing....I begged Rob to let me ride along with him to pick up the pizza tonight. What I really wanted to do was have all of us go drive to one of my favorite neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights but Rob said absolutely not. My parents agreed with him so I settled for riding to Papa Johns. For the most part all I've done is lay around and read. As much as I love reading, I'm getting kind of sick of it. But the discharge nurse must've known what she was talking about because I haven't had any contractions since about 3am this morning. I've had them off and on since I left the hospital on Thursday but today- knock on wood- I haven't had any. I did have a very vivid dream last night, however, that my water broke and everyone was rushing around to get things ready for me to get to the hospital. Maybe it's an omen but in the meantime I'll just....lay around. Fun times indeed!

No comments: