Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Baby Scoop

So, to keep from repeating the same story time and again, I thought I'd put it out there for everyone to read. Earlier this week we went to my dr's appt with the intent that Easton was going to be born via c-section on Wednesday. But at the appt my dr informed me that, no, he was not and that the new plan was to wait until after Christmas. Apparently, Easton proved today that he is much like his daddy and has a mind of his own because I would never go against what the dr says and be a stubborn control freak who wants things done my way. (Insert laughter) Let me take a step back....Tuesday night I had such bad back cramps that I seriously thought we would be in the hospital before sunrise but at about 5am the cramps subsided to a bearable pain. All was good until about 9:30 this morning when, not only did the back cramps return, but I got abdominal contractions as well. (Holy Guacamole those things hurt!) I called my OB but she was not returning my call. Since I had taken P to his dr appt right across the street I thought I'd just pop into her office to see what I should do. Within 5 minutes she had me out the door and on the way to the hospital to be monitored....with a 3 1/2 year old in tow mind you. After getting strapped to all the glorious machines and finding a movie to entertain P the contractions subsided quite a bit. But, an hour later they were coming back fast and stronger than ever. The nurse came in to check me and said I was in active labor. She was going to call my dr to see about having me stay over night for observation. This was music to P's ears because, between graham crackers, apple juice and movies he was being treated like a king and thought he got to stay too. (I don't know where to put this part....to his credit he was being remarkably well behaved. I was so proud of him!) But awhile later the discharge nurse came in and said because I'm only 35 weeks they won't deliver until next Thursday unless something major happens (I guess extreme pain that makes you want to slap your mama isn't major enough). The bummer part is that the nurse told me I need to basically be on bed rest until next Thursday. WHAT? She obviously doesn't know me! That is nearly impossible but my family and friends are quickly stepping up to the plate to help in any way necessary. My parents are coming tonight or tomorrow morning to hang out with P so Rob can still make his business trip to Vegas tomorrow. Even P is getting into the action. When we got home he said, "Mommy, you remember what that lady said? You need a nap so let's go take one." Ah, the advice from my 3 year old doctor! Easton will be here before we know it and in the meantime I'm going to (try to) relax. What a fun week this should be!

No comments: