Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On My Toes

Rob's call out nights are one of the things I don't like about his new job. It's usually those days that the boys (mainly the older one) test me. Tonight it was the little guy that kept me on my toes. I had to wake him up from his nap because of a prior obligation so I figured he'd take a nap on our way to pick up dinner (a perk when Rob works late....I don't cook.). I was wrong. When he's overly tired the only 2 places he's happy is in his walker or in the bath tub. So I figured I'd put him in his walker while P and I ate our sushi. First he tried to pull P's art off the art table, which of course got P riled up. As I was cleaning that up the lil guy took off the other direction. Before I knew it he was pulling things off the fridge and trying to get a magnet in his mouth. While I rushed over there to avoid a dangerous situation he back tracked to the garbage can, where he managed to lift the lid and try to grab the chop sticks I had just thrown away from dinner. When he headed for the electric outlet I pulled the plug (get it??) on letting him stay in his walker. I figured I'd rather avoid a trip to the ER and just listen to him fuss instead. I dread the day that he becomes more mobile because I have a feeling that we'll be on our toes 24/7 with him!

No comments: