Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saturday

Yesterday was a fun- and interesting- day. I got to have a few hours to myself to do what I wanted for the first time since June. I cashed in on a Groupon deal and got my hair done. I'm frugal and try to cut corners with costs wherever I can but I kept hearing Rob's words, "You get what you pay for" while getting my hair done. The hair stylist was late to my appt. Then she gave me the wrong hair color, despite me asking her for a natural color that matched my true color. She topped it off by only washing my scalp instead of all my hair and sending me out the door with an 80's hair style. When I got home and styled it myself I realized the cut was decent and the color will grow out soon enough. But the experience showed me what salon I WON'T be using in the future.
The day ended in a super fun way! Rob and I got a babysitter for Easton and treated P to his first movie theater experience. We saw Planes and, although I'm partial to the "Cars" characters, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I think what made it fun for me was watching it through P's eyes. He was so excited about every little detail and when it was over he asked when we could go back to watch it again. On the way home I asked him what his favorite part was and he said, "I liked EVERYTHING!". I love living life through the eyes of a child....so much excitement. It was a fun and much needed day of relaxation and fun memories.

No comments: