Saturday, August 3, 2013

Our Lil Athlete

I've wanted to blog all week but it seems that I never have time and if I do then I get distracted with something else. But I wanted to let you  know that we may have a little Ironman in the making. Our oldest son just finished 2 weeks of swim lessons, where he was encouraged to advance to the next level. He was able to master all of the beginning lessons and was even put in the "big kid" class a few times. I was impressed with his skill and dedication every day! Although he is not a master swimmer just yet, he is a lot further along than he was a couple weeks ago.
This morning, to add to his repertoire, he competed in his first bike race. It was a 1,000 degrees outside and he biked so much before the race that he wore himself out. But that didn't stop him from competing against other kids in his age bracket and finishing within the Top 10. He was excited about winning a medal and earning a bike shirt. (He also loved that he got a plastic fireman's hat, a smoothie and a banana from local sponsors.)
I'm proud of him for branching out and trying new things. He gives everything he does 110% and who knows? Maybe someday we'll be booking a trip to Hawaii to watch him compete to be the next Ironman!




No comments: