Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Birthday Fun

Growing up, my parents always did their best to make my brother and me feel so special on our birthdays. We got to choose what we wanted to do and they went above and beyond. Now as a mom it's one of the many things I look forward to each year. I LOVE making the boys feel special on their big day! I believe that every person should decide how they want to spend their birthday but until they're old enough to make that decision I feel it's my right and privilege to make a big deal out of the boys' birthdays because you know what? Both boys are a big deal to me EVERY day and I want them to know how special I think it is that God chose me to be their mom and that HE handpicked the day they'd be born! Yesterday was no exception. Easton had no clue what was going on but he seemed to enjoy the special treatment from the clown pancake breakfast to lunch by the carousel to his favorite dinner to the "birthday train" ride to his first cupcake to opening presents. (And he'll get to look at pictures when he's older, knowing he was spoiled on his 1st birthday, just like P likes to do.)
One of MY favorite things about Easton's birthday was my oldest and his compassionate heart. He asked, without any prompting, if he could use his own money to buy his little brother a birthday present. I took him to the Dollar Store where he picked out a set of Bubble Guppies maracas and proudly gave the cashier his money for them. When we got home he wanted to wrap the gift all by himself. For the rest of the day he kept hounding me as to when Easton would get to open his presents because I think he was more excited than Easton was. P happily helped Easton open his gift then quickly showed him how to play the maracas. It made my heart happy to see Easton so excited about the gift his "Bubba" picked out for him. All in all it was a special 1st birthday for Easton, one he may not remember but I will!




                                     







No comments: