Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Julyanuary!

Oh wait.....I mean Happy New Year! (My parents and P may be the only ones that get that.) Ah, the day of reflection that some people yearn and others dread. I can't say that I did much reflecting today as I am still exhausted from last night. Fun party? Time with friends? Nope. Just trying to get little ones to sleep while it sounded like a war zone around us. Don't get me wrong. We enjoyed fireworks with our neighbors....at 6:30pm! Our neighbor is a single mom and deathly afraid of lighting fireworks. So she offered to pay for all of them if Rob would light them. A win/win and the boys really enjoyed them, even Easton, which surprised me. He was pointing and "oohing", especially at the loud big ones. He didn't seem to enjoy them all that much, however, at 11pm when they woke him up. Or at 12:15am when they were still keeping him up. But I cherished the fact that he actually allowed me to share a bed with him last night. He's not a cuddler. share his space kind of kiddo like his big brother so when I have moments like that I enjoy them.
OK, back to the new year. You know, as someone pointed out on FB, it's just another day. Some people use it to make big life changes....that usually last less than a month. I, on the other hand, am hoping to work on a couple internal changes and a couple professional goals. We'll see what happens.
One thing I am hoping for this year is stability. In 2012 I found out I was pregnant, we sold our house, I quit my job and then I had Easton at the end of the year. 2013 was crazy chaotic with a very unexpected move 2300 miles from home so Rob could take a new job. Next year may be crazy because we may be moving back home (The jury is still out on that one because I haven't decided if I like BR or not yet). So this year I just want CALM. I know the Fall will bring a huge change with P starting Kindergarten, something I am not ready for and do not want to think about. It may bring me to go back to work but time will tell on that one as well.
For 2014 I want to enjoy the little moments. I want to not always get caught up in doing housework, errands, my phone, Facebook. I just want to be in the moment, creating memories instead of reading about everyone else's. I want to get out of my comfort zone and meet more people and go exploring. I want to give this year my all. And to think that's not even my new year's resolutions!
I'm going to bed to try to make up for my lack of sleep last night so I'll leave you with a few pictures I took of our (early) firework fun.....






No comments: