Monday, November 15, 2010

Beautiful Day!

When we woke up to the sun shining and the birds chirping I knew it was going to be a great day! Since the weather was picture perfect, my parents and I decided we'd meet in Truckee for lunch. It's a drive for both of us but it's so beautiful and scenic that it's not torture to drive the distance. Plus we all got to be together which is a bonus. Having our families far away gets to Rob and me at times so we always cherish the times spent together. Anyways, we had lunch then went to a local bakery. P was so excited to see they had fish cookies. They were a little on the harder side which worked out perfectly because he was only able to eat a portion of the gigantic Nemo type cookie. After filling up we had to work it off by exploring. We found a grassy area that had an old wagon on it. Between that and a stump and big boulders, P was having a hayday! He probably could've stayed there all day exploring if we had let him. But alas it was time to head home. We said our goodbyes and I thought P would fall asleep instantly. But he was too wound up and had to talk on his "phone" (His fist to his ear) most of the way home. Once we got home he didn't take a nap....but I did! I fell asleep listening to him in the baby monitor, telling his cow and horse all about the fun he had had. Now the beautiful day is drawing to an end. As much as I love the snow I'm glad it's held off a little longer because it makes it easier to get over the hill to see my parents. The beautiful Fall weather can stick around a little longer as far as I'm concerned!

No comments: