Monday, November 15, 2010

Books Galore

I don't sit down for long periods of time during the day but I try to take a hour break every day when P naps. I use that time to run on the treadmill, do schoolwork, nap or.....READ! Today I'm thankful for the many books that fill our house. I love that P loves having books read to him. I love it even more that he "reads" books to himself every day. As soon as he woke up this morning he immediately ran to his tractor book and asked me to read it to him. I love reading romance (not the half naked man on a stallion gracing the cover kind), some biographies and anything someone recommends. The only genre I have a hard time reading is mystery because I do most of my reading at night. Reading mysteries usually give me nightmares and I'm not willing to sacrifice sleep for a scary book. I thoroughly enjoy the neighborhood book club I'm a part of and (most of) the books we read each month. After a long day my favorite thing to do is soak in a hot bubble bath with a good book or my People magazine. I usually carry a book with me everywhere I go because you never know you'll have a few free minutes to read. I love letting my mind wander into a different world, with different people, at least for a few minutes. I love everything about reading books and am so glad we have a variety of books in our house!

No comments: