Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Special Date

OK, I told you I love my flexible schedule but I have a confession.....I despise the first hour and a half of the day, every day I don't work. P wakes up a ball of energy as does Ruby. All I want to do is slowing wake up, enjoy my coffee and catch up with the national news on the Today Show. But a puppy and a toddler keep that from happening! So my vocabulary is limited to, "Stop!", "No!" "Don't", "Go". I've confused the creatures of the house by my simple one word commands. My voice raises several octaves and my stress level does too. BUT, right before P's nap time the creatures calm down and all is good in the world. Then I decide I can get through rest of the day. This morning, while P was sleeping, I decided that he and I needed a date. It's been awhile since I've gone on a date, one on one with one of the men in my life. So, when he woke up, we went to Olive Garden for lunch. I'd love to say that everything was great but with all dates, there were a few (funny) glitches. As soon as my iced tea was brought to the table, I knocked it over all over the floor. Lunch went smooth but as I was getting up to leave the restaurant, I tripped and plowed into a waiter carrying a platter of food. Luckily, he was more coordinated than me because he didn't even flinch. Then, a few seconds later, P went running by tables, tripped and landed flat on his face. He started crying, more out of embarrassment than pain. After lunch we ran a few errands then we went to meet friends at the park. As we were feeding the birds a goose came out of nowhere, which scared me. I screamed and picked up P quickly, which in turn caused him to get scared and cry. After my initial panic we fed the birds 3 loaves of bread! My friend and I took the boys for a walk around the lake because it was almost 70 degrees....in mid November....in Nevada!! By the time we ended the walk I was pretty tired so P and I ended our date. He talked on his "phone" most of the way up the hill, telling whoever he was talking to about our date. It's time like these that I cherish, that can't be replaced, ones that will last me a lifetime. I am blessed to have such a wonderful son that makes life so much more exciting and fun!

1 comment:

Kimberly June said...

At least this date was with your little boy and not the big one. He won't remember and tease you about it later. ;)