Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blessings

This morning, after not getting a good night's sleep, I thought, "What am I thankful for today?" I logged onto Facebook and knew immediately one thing I was thankful for. One of my good friends and bridesmaids, Betsy, was in a roll over accident on the freeway yesterday. She had both of her young kids in the SUV and all 3 were able to walk away from the accident. The CHP officer told her that people don't just walk away from accidents like the one she was in. I thought about how thankful I was that angels were surrounding her on the road. Although we don't talk as often, I can't imagine life without her. (Sorry mom for forgetting to tell you earlier when we talked)
On the way to school I was still in a funk though. I was thinking about Betsy and how close I came to losing a close friend. I was also bummed that I had to put Ruby in a crate all day because we (ie. Rob) need to fix part of the kennel. The past several days with Preston have been a lot of fun so I was bummed to be leaving him for the day. He talked all the way to daycare and didn't even cry when I left, another thing to be thankful for because the no crying was a first.
I saw a beautiful sunrise on the way to school, another thing to be thankful for. The morning went well with my students, yet another good thing. Then at lunch I was called into the office by the secretary. I walked in and saw a beautiful bouquet of flowers sent from Rob. At that point I was completely out of my funk. The flowers put a huge smile on my face and I realized I had a lot to be thankful for, especially today.
So, what started as a "blue funk" day became one full of many blessings!

No comments: