Saturday, January 26, 2013

Double Trouble

Before having Easton I was told that having two kids was not twice the work but four times the work. Maybe because of all the family help we've received or maybe because we've been blessed with 2 great boys, but at this point I'd have to disagree. The only time I'd say life was challenging is during sleep time. If you know me well you know how much I love my sleep. I've been a sleeper for as long as I could remember so going without is tough. About a month ago, P pretty much grew out of nap time. So trying to get him and Easton to nap at the same time is super challenging. Once I finally get one to sleep the other wakes up and I'm left without a nap. Rob and I've decided that, unless there are certain circumstances (like today for example, where P was up at 4:45am to go duck hunting), P just needs quiet time in the afternoon and can choose to nap or choose to play quietly in his room. That way I'll still get some much needed rest. Nighttime is another challenging time in our house. Easton is eating like a horse so last night he barely let me sleep because all he wanted to do was nurse. And then he'd have tummy trouble so I'd stay up soothing him. By the time I finally got to sleep, P was in our bed eagerly awaiting Rob to get home from taking Mimi to the airport so they could go duck hunting. He was  talking a mile a minute because he was so excited. The only decent sleep I got was from 5:30-7:30 this morning. Needless to say, I feel like a zombie but I wouldn't change it. OK, maybe I'd change Easton's sleep patterns but this too shall pass. In the meantime I'll enjoy my middle of the night feeding times with Easton and P's early morning excitement! 

No comments: