Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baby Easton's Arrived!

On Friday I was certain that I'd have Easton on Saturday. I had posted on FB, however, that I had a feeling he'd be born by Sunday evening. Good thing I gave myself that extra window of a day. :) Sunday at 3:45am I woke up with intense contractions but they subsided by 5am. A few hours later we all woke up to snow and slick roads so we decided to stay at home. We were going stir crazy by the afternoon and I joked with Rob that I'd probably have to go to the hospital during the big Packers/Vikings game. At the beginning of the 2nd quarter the contractions had come back. But I was determined to fight through them so Rob could watch his game. P looked over and saw big alligator tears rolling down my cheeks and asked why I was crying. He blew my cover! Rob immediately jumped into action, grabbing our overnight bags and starting the truck even though I begged him to wait to see if they'd go away or at least die down. By the time we got to the hospital and got checked in the contractions had pretty much stopped. To top it off the Packers game wasn't on the hospital TV. Rob gave a loud sigh and said he thought I wanted to have the baby so bad that I'd made up the contractions or something to that effect. Wrong thing to say to a hormonal, uncomfortably pregnant lady on the verge of having a baby.
Anyway, back to Easton's story. The nurse came in, checked me and said she needed to confer with my dr who was on call. Long story short an hour later the nurse came back to check me and said Easton was going to be born within a couple hours. All we needed was someone to come get P as he was obviously not welcome in the operating room. Once our friends came and got him for a sleepover I was wheeled into the Labor and Delivery OR. Within 15 minutes, the dr was telling me that Easton had made his big debut, weighing in at 6lbs, 14 oz and measuring 19 inches long. He scored well on the Apgar test and passed his hearing test. Everything looks perfect on him!
My parents graciously came here to make sure P was well taken care of, even though they can't get to our house with all the snow. Rob and I miss him terribly but we're thankful for the special bonding time we've had with Easton and each other. Rob has been such a huge help since I had a c-section and am having a hard time getting up and around due to my incision. I'm looking forward to being discharged tomorrow so we can be our family of 4 at home. We are blessed!




No comments: