Thursday, January 24, 2013

Saying Goodbye

In the past 3 1/2 weeks I've learned some things. I've learned that overdoing it can take a few days to recoup. I've learned to choose my battles. I've learned to let go of my control issues. I've learned how to ask for help. One thing I haven't learned yet is how to say goodbye. When my parents left a couple weeks ago after helping during my second week at home I cried. There's something about having your mom there after childbirth that means more than words can express. Tomorrow when I wake up and I fly solo for the first time since Easton was born I'll cry. My mother in law has been here for 2 weeks and has been more of a help than I could even begin to describe. I know that millions of women handle 2+ kids on a daily basis without a problem. I know that I'll be a pro before I know it. But the unknown is what bothers me. How do I get both boys to the store to buy groceries? How do I handle it when both boys are crying at the same time? How do I get anywhere on time? (Already an issue for me according to my hubby) How do I get a nap when my preschooler is outgrowing nap time? I haven't had to worry about any of this yet because of all the extra hands to help out. Saying goodbye is not fun and I've appreciated all the help that my parents and mother in law have provided!

***I was finally able to add some pics on the previous blogs so scroll down to enjoy them.

No comments: