Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Meaning of a Mom


I feel like I have it easy as a mom. I have 2 easy boys that, at this point in life, don't demand much. I look at my mom and mother in law and wonder if I could ever be as good of a mom as them. My mom has rearranged plans and her work schedule several times in the past month to come here at the drop of a hat. She's bent over backwards to help in more ways than I could even blog about. 3 weeks ago when I had Easton, she and my dad came to the hospital the next morning to take P for a few days. Then they drove back a few days after I got out of the hospital to help me when Rob went back to work. My mother in law came the day they left and picked up where my mom left off in taking care of P, helping with Easton and all the housework. I feel more like a queen than a new mom because of my mom and mother in law. I only hope that I can be the kind of mom they have been when my boys become dads some day.

No comments: