Monday, April 8, 2013

Hunting Story

P and I spend hours telling stories. Usually I start with a simple story or two and then P tells me his story. His story always includes at least some part of my story but with a lot more detail. This is one of his recent stories that has become my favorite....
"I was going to Gee's hotel and I saw a big elk. So I drew my bow back to my mouth and let my arrow go. BANG! CRASH! BOOM! (He always tells this part with LOUD enthusiasm.) I tried to catch my arrow but BOOM! it hit the elk's butt! Then I found my arrow and I cut up the meat and I had it for dinner. Then I went to Gee's hotel."

The way he tells this story always has me in hysterics! I love his imagination, how he can take something so simple and make it so grand. This is definitely something that I hope is not just a phase because it brings me so much joy every day!

No comments: