Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Miss Me?

I haven't forgotten about you. We've been having computer issues and it's too hard to blog from my phone. Editing from my phone is challenging and I don't do it well. So it was easier to take a break and just be patient for the computer to work.
Since the last blog we've been busy....having fun! The boys and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather by meeting for play dates and playing at various parks around town. This past weekend we spent the day as a family going to a Curious George event in town and then capping off the afternoon with a scrimmage football game for UNR. As we were on our way home Rob got called out for work. The boys and I laid low the rest of the afternoon and P and I enjoyed a Mother/Son movie date after Easton went to bed for the night.
The only downfall lately is Easton being fussy the past couple days and P being mean to Ruby. All of a sudden he's treating her unkindly. We've punished him in several different ways to no avail. Today I tried a different tactic when I found out he hit her on the head with her food bowl since she wouldn't give him her bone.
****If you have a sensitive stomach you may want to stop reading here.*** First I took ALL of his beloved stuffed animals away. That in and of itself was a fate worse than death in his opinion. The other punishment ended up punishing me more than it did him I think. I told him he'd have to clean up Ruby's dog poop in the backyard. If you know P you know he can be rather dramatic. He kept complaining that his back hurt and that it was so hot (It was a balmy 70 degrees...if that). Then he got frustrated that he couldn't pick up the poop with his shovel so he grabbed it with hand. At that point it was all I could do to keep from gagging. He then kept asking what that bad smell was. The only time I enjoyed this experience of holding the bag for him is when a fly flew off one of the piles. He freaked out and screamed like a little girl. Hopefully these punishments will take effect and he won't be mean to her anymore because I'd be heartbroken if we had to give her away. But I won't have a dog that is getting abuse on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

That's the long and short of our life right now. We're going to Tahoe to go camping this weekend and then I'll be taking the boys to my parents' next week for my mom's birthday so expect more blogging and pictures in the near future.

No comments: