Friday, April 26, 2013

Now That's Funny Right There!

For the past 3 nights, between stress and a baby with an ear infection, I've had little sleep. Yesterday I was exhausted (Today I feel like a zombie!) so I'm glad I was provided some comic relief. We had a morning FULL of errands and since I was early to meet someone I made what was supposed to be a quick stop at a store. Once inside P informed everybody that could hear him that he needed to go poop. As I was trying to locate the bathroom he announced, "Mommy, I'm going to hold my poop in so it doesn't squirt out everywhere." while he proudly grabs his butt. Once I found the bathroom I told him I'd wait outside for him since it was a small bathroom. He's fascinated with echos right now. So once we realized his voice echoed he took advantage of it by singing a song (rather loudly) about going poop. I stood outside, encouraging him to hurry up and praying that no one could hear him add sound effects to his bathroom experience. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.....it did! A lady walked in just as I asked him to go back in, flush and wash his hands. He proudly told her, "It stinks because I just did a big poop." She was quick to reassure him that it wasn't that bad and he replied, "Oh yeah, it stinks because my poop squirted out everywhere." At this point I wanted to crawl in a hole. I quickly hurried him out of the bathroom and to the cash register to pay for my items. While trying to pay and get out of the store before P could embarrass me anymore, he announced, "Mommy, they didn't have any toilet paper so I couldn't wipe the poop off me." I'm sure my face turned 50 shades of red as I grabbed my stuff, grabbed his hand and tore out of the store as fast as I could. Although embarrassed, this is one of the things I find entertaining about being a mom. You never know what's going to come out of P's mouth on a daily basis. He usually makes at least one person laugh a day but yesterday I think he hit a record high as he made people laugh at every stop we made.
Another funny situation is one that, for the sake of my youngest son, I cannot divulge too much detail about. But I will give you the basics and you can ask Rob or me for a more detailed story. I had to take him to the dr's because he was sick. While there I asked the dr (not our normal pediatrician) why something looked the way it did on his body since we never experienced that with P. The dr, in all seriousness, said it was because he was fat. He said, "He's got fat packs and rolls. If he doesn't turn out to be a 450 lb man then everything will look normal eventually." It was all I could do not to bust up laughing at that answer. For as exhausted as I've been from lack of sleep, I can still enjoy comic relief, especially when it's provided by my boys. Ah, never a dull moment!

No comments: