Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July update

I decided to have fun today after all....but it took me until 5pm to decide this. After dinner I loaded up the boys and took them to a small town festival. It took place next to a water tower where everyone seemed to know each other. I felt like I was in a scene from "Sweet Home Alabama", minus Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas. P had a blast playing on the playground and bounce house. He loved playing the games and eating cotton candy. I enjoyed people watching, listening to the band and not paying a single dime for a fun filled time! When we got home we let off our fireworks. Since I didn't know if P would like them, we didn't buy very many. Wouldn't you know? He loved them!! In fact, so did Ruby. She tried to eat every one of them that was lit. After we finished our small supply we walked across the street to the lake and watched the fireworks go off all around it. We decided to go sit on the tailgate to watch the rest but ended up next door at our neighbor's yard. We got to meet her and her daughter, both very nice. I chatted with her for quite awhile while P played with her daughter, who is the same age as him. I decided that it's a lot of fun living in a neighborhood that shoots off fireworks. It brought back a lot of childhood memories. What started out as a rough day ended up being fun after all.



No comments: