Monday, July 8, 2013

Family Time

Between Rob being sick, his work schedule and getting settled in it feels like we haven't had much quality family time in recent weeks. So it was nice to spend a lot of family time together this weekend. Friday evening Rob took P fishing across the street while Easton and I watched. P loved "catching" a couple little brim. Saturday morning they went back for more fishing fun. I am not into fishing...at all! But I saw how often the boys were getting bites so I asked to borrow P's fishing pole. I didn't bait the hook but I cast the line, watched the bobber and reeled in my first fish ever. The only time I've ever caught a fish without someone's help! (OK, I didn't bait the hook AND I didn't take the fish off the line but I did everything else.) After fishing we took the boys to a local park that has a splash area. P had a blast while Rob, Easton and I sat under a tree and watched. While the boys napped later in the afternoon Rob went fishing and caught 3 huge bass. He cleaned them and grilled them for dinner. We finished the day watching the Daytona race. Sunday morning we woke up and went to church as a family. I don't know what I enjoy more....watching P get excited about Children's Church, having Rob sitting next to me during the service or being able to focus on a church service kid free. After we grabbed lunch I was bummed that Rob got called out to work. But it ended up being a pretty fast job and he was home within a couple hours. During that time I took the boys for a wagon ride and then the boys and I rested. Once Rob got home we relaxed and enjoyed yet another Summer storm. It was a nice weekend, a relaxing and fun one, enjoying some much needed family time together.


No comments: