Thursday, July 25, 2013

Playing Catch Up

I haven't been much in the mood to blog lately. I think, "Oh, we haven't done much today. Nothing to blog about." But then I woke up today and thought, "Wow, I have quite a bit to blog about and am really behind with it." So here ya go....playing catch up. Last weekend Rob and P went to deer camp while E and I had some much needed Mother/Son time. I had forgotten how easy it is with one kiddo (Not that my 2 are hard by any stretch of the imagination but I have to be "on" a lot with my 4 year old). We went shopping and ran errands then relaxed in the afternoon. When he went to bed for the night I was not exhausted like usual so I enjoyed watching "Sweet Home Alabama" because I was inspired, having had shopped at Winn-Dixie for the first time earlier that day. By the time the boys got back from deer camp I was refreshed and ready for the new week ahead.
This week P started swim lessons. I was a little nervous because I was not allowed in the pool with him this year but he's been a rock star! His favorite thing to do is head bobs. He does them even when he's not asked to. The thing that makes him the most nervous seems to be the voluntary jump off the platform at the end of the lessons. He's done it twice now but the first time he jumped he seemed to be fearless. Today when he did it he jumped with trepidation. Overall he's doing more in this week than he did in all 3 other swim lesson sessions back in Reno. I'm very proud of my lil fish!
Since moving here my brother has gone above and beyond to keep in touch with me. Even when he was in the hospital this past weekend he still called and when he was home he'd Face Time me a couple times a day. I know that technology has gotten out of hand. I'm guilty of checking my phone constantly for FB updates, emails and playing a couple games. I try-sometimes unsuccessfully-to only be on my phone while the boys are resting or playing without me. But I'm also realizing the benefits of technology. In fact I can't believe the whole world does not have an iPhone with Face Time. And I'm even more shocked that people with iPhones don't access Face Time on a regular basis. I see my brother more now than I did 5 years ago! Usually the first thing P asks when he wakes up in the morning is to Face Time Uncle Josh. It's becoming a daily routine, one that we look forward to. I saw a quote this week and rearranged it slightly for my benefit. It said, "Sometimes having a brother is even better than having a superhero." He's been my saving grace on more than one occasion recently and I'm so thankful not just for the bond that he and I share but the bond that he shares with the boys as well.
I guess that's the long and the short of it. I'm hoping for a fun filled, productive weekend if it doesn't rain too much. That means another update in the near future......

No comments: