Sunday, July 14, 2013

Busy Saturday, Mellow Sunday

****I am forewarning you that this blog has a picture of 2 snakes in it. If snakes freak you out to the point where you can't even look at pictures of them then I'll let you know they'll be the last 2 pictures on this entry. I'll post 4 before the snake pictures so viewer beware.***

Yesterday Rob's cousin and her family came over for a morning of fishing. Her kids had never fished before and had an absolute blast! Between the 3 kids they must've brought in close to 30 brim. We didn't save any to eat but the kids thoroughly enjoyed bringing them in nonetheless. After everyone left and the boys woke up from their naps we took a family trip to a local state park. I was hoping to see gators up close and personal but I've long since learned that getting close to wildlife with P in tow is nearly impossible. We did get to see 2 cottonmouth snakes "up close". (Don't worry Dad. We were on a boardwalk, well above them.) P and I also got our first experience with Swamp Gas (YUCK!!). After spending a few hours there, I got to see 2 gators from far away, 2 snakes, a few pretty flowers and millions of mosquitoes (none of which, I'm happy to report, bit the boys but I walked away with one bite). We went to bed exhausted and happy. This morning we hustled to get out of the house in time for Sunday School and church. It was our first time going to Sunday School as a couple... ever. We enjoyed the class much more than Easton enjoyed the nursery. I've come to grips with the fact that I have another mama's boy on my hands. He only likes to sleep in his swaddle wrap but if that's not available he'll only fall asleep in my arms. So I sat in the foyer, holding him after Sunday School, until he woke up and I could go enjoy the church service. After the service I'd love to say we came home and I relaxed but that wasn't in the cards for me today. I did, however, get to go on my first bike ride in 5 1/2 years! It was fun to explore the neighborhood via bike. When I got home, P wanted to ride his new bike so we went for a mini bike ride down the block. The night is ending with Rob working (again) and me editing pictures. I was going to get ambitious and try out some new editing software but I just looked at the clock and decided to call it a day since I didn't get a nap in today. G'night all!


Heads up!! P is bringing in his line!

According to the sign on the bottom right, we're 2160 miles from home.


 
 
**************STOP HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SNAKE PICS!**********
 








No comments: