Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tough One

Earlier this week I took the boys for their 4 yr old and 6 mo old wellness appointments. I was shocked to find out that Easton dropped to the 30th percentile for weight and 25th for height. I was even more surprised that P is now in the 65th percentile for weight (I have the paperwork to prove it) but because he's in the 90th percentile for height his BMI is in the 18th percentile. I found it funny that P failed a section of his hearing test because I'm always telling him that I need to have his hearing checked out. When the doctor asked the nurse to retest him he passed the hearing section without a problem. Just goes to show he's a male....selective hearing. HA! Unfortunately this appointment meant shots for both of them. I thought it might be rough but I didn't know I should've called in back up. When P was a little tyke he had gotten so many shots that he didn't even flinch. But it's been 2 years since his last shots. When the nurse called in another nurse to hold Easton so I could hold down P I knew it was going to be bad. Now in all the hospital visits and shots he's received during his short time on Earth I've only cried twice before. But when I was on top of him and he started screaming I couldn't help but shed a few tears. By the time Easton got his shots all 3 of us were crying. When the nurse brought P a sucker and a book he quickly forgot the pain from the shots. The next day the boys were a little under the weather and sore but by the end of the week P's shots were just a memory, albeit not a faint one because he keeps asking how long before he has to get another one (I reassure him that it'll be so long that he'll have forgotten these shots but he doesn't believe me). It's beyond wonderful to take both boys in and have them check out with a clean bill of health. If shots are the worst we have to deal with then I'm ok with that.

No comments: