Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Date Night

I just realized that I'm behind on a couple blogs. You'd think with being housebound for the past 4 days that I'd be caught up on EVERYTHING.
Anyway....back in December Rob asked what I wanted for Christmas. Although there were plenty of photography things I wanted the thing I really, really, really wanted was a date with him. It had been so long since we had gone out as a couple. Christmas morning I was surprised to find that not only were we going on a date but that he had spent a lot of time, money and effort into planning this date. Last week I got to cash in on my Christmas present! My mother in law came to town to watch the boys and Rob and I headed to New Orleans for the night. We enjoyed dinner at Bumba Gumps, where I didn't have to share a morsel of food with little boys and I was able to have an adult conversation with my husband without being interrupted. Afterwards we went to a Sacramento Kings basketball game. I was excited about going to my first basketball game in years but when we got there I became even more excited. That's because Rob had got the best tickets possible...we were on the floor!! We were right behind the VIP seats and our seats were so good that we even had food service offered to us. In fact we were so close that when the Kings players came over to talk to a guy sitting right in front of us I think a few of them smiled at me (because I was the only one proud enough to wear a Kings jersey at a Pelicans game). The game was a lot of fun to watch and it ended with the Kings winning. What a perfect night! I don't know how Rob will ever top this Christmas present because it was perfect all the way around. The part I enjoyed the most? The thought and effort he put into making it such a perfect night and the time spent as a couple instead of just being parents!

No comments: