Thursday, January 30, 2014

Funny Man

Not only is P the most compassionate 4 yr old I know, but I think he's always the funniest one I know as well. I don't know if it's because of his child like innocence or because he truly is quick witted. (If it's the latter then I can only imagine how funny he'll be in another 20 years!). Today he was on a roll and I was in stitches. It started this morning when he and my brother were Face Timing. P told him he was listening to Pandora and my brother proceeded to ask him what his favorite station was. He replied, "Uncle Josh, my favorite is the gas station."  Throughout the day he had me laughing over silly things then this afternoon he stepped it up and had me laughing hysterically. Awhile ago Rob and I decided we'd take turns putting P to bed every night. Usually P asks me early in the day whose day it is to put him to bed. Today when he asked I said, "So, does Daddy tell you stories or read you books when it's his turn?" He replied, "He used to tell me stories but now he's learning to read. I help him read my books so now he reads me books." I about busted a gut when he said that! 
He has a new obsession with storage sheds. We wants to buy one so he can live in it in the backyard. (Redneck treehouse??) Tonight, while I was bathing Easton, P decided that the bathroom closet would be his shed. When I asked how his shed was he replied, "Oh it's adorable!" The way he said it was as funny as what he said.
Around Thanksgiving P got the horrible virus Head, Foot and Mouth disease. We have since learned that some of the aftermath is losing nails. P has already lost 1 fingernail and is in the process of losing 3 toenails. Tonight one of his toenails started to come off and was bleeding. When I put him to bed he said, "Mom, I found a pattern. Look....one purple toe, one white toe, one purple toe, one white toe, one purple and bloody toe. Oh wait, I guess that's not a pattern if it's bloody. That's just gross." I am so thankful for my boys' different personalities but I am even more thankful that they BOTH bring so much laughter to my life!

No comments: