Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Addition



Since Rob and I are animal lovers (I love dogs much more than horses but I'm coming around) we should've bought a house with a lot more land. In one year we have managed to fill our ever shrinking house with 2 dogs, 2 horses and a baby on the way. YIKES! Rob has been wanting a friend for Dixie and has been looking on Craigslist for the past few months. He came across a deal earlier in the week that was too good to pass up. No money was involved (which always makes me happy) and he got to trade his dirt bike for a giant. Seriously, our new horse is the biggest horse I've ever seen up close. To give you an idea of how big he is, when I took the dogs for a walk this afternoon I could see Rob on Doc's back from one street over! I thought Rob was standing on the corral fence until I came up the hill and saw him riding Doc. I told Rob if I ever rode him I'd need a step ladder. I think he'll be a nice addition though. He and Dixie have become fast friends and it's good that she has company. He's older and has been trained so hopefully he can help in training her in years to come (although she has come a LONG way in a short amount of time with Rob). So, I think we are done with additions.....until July. By the time we move from here we may have ourselves an entire farm (I'm pushing for a mule or pig next....ha!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty horse!!! Glad to see Rob enjoying his ride. Dad is outside admiring his new "horse" (boat). Love, Mom