Friday, February 6, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

This morning on my way down the hill I was thinking that sushi sounded so good for dinner. Rob, however, probably will never step foot into a sushi place other than the Japanese Steakhouse in Brandon. I was thinking that since he is going out of town on Tuesday for work I'd just have to wait until then. This thought plagued me because the more I thought about it the more I wanted sushi TONIGHT! Just as I got to the bottom of the hill Rob called and asked me to meet him there. I pulled over and waited for him to pull up in his spiffy Dodge Charger that he's renting. When he did he told me he had to go out of town spur of the moment and wouldn't be back until Sunday. The ironic thing is that I had just told him last night that I hate when he goes out of town but I wish if he did have to go out of town it could be on a weekend so I could go to Sacto. Now both of my wishes were coming true....sushi tonight and a trip to Sacto. But, although my wishes are coming true, (One already did because I just downed 2 California rolls for dinner followed by a bowl of Fruity Pebbles for dessert!) it's not the same as having my best friend around. I'm sitting in this big empty house with just the dogs, changing my wish to be that Rob was with me right now. I know I'll have fun with my parents, as I have been missing them so much lately. And I know I'll get to see Rob Sunday but it's just not the same when he is not around!

No comments: