Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to Real Life...kinda!





Rob and I are back into the swing of things here I guess. He had the day off due to a baby appt and a dentist appt so it was nice to spend time together. We got caught up on each other's trip home. Because of being together, I didn't do too much around the house. I had planned to maybe get some things done in the nursery and outside but it was snowing off and on all day so I was a couch potato. (Walt, I took a pic of the snow since I know you like snow pics. So, be looking for it on here one of these days soon.)
The baby appt went ok. I was shocked beyond belief to find out how much weight I had gained since the last appt!! I guess eating out for the past week and devouring Easter candy did not do me any favors. My doctor didn't seem concerned but I made a vow to cut out the junk food (although I did have a little "pity party" after my appt and eat more Easter candy today...oops!). I also had to be tested for gestational diabetes, which is a common test. I might've screwed it up though because my pity party took place a couple hours before the test. Once again...oops! I see a pattern with eating candy and baby stuff so maybe I should stop cold turkey.
I uploaded pics from my time in Sacto so you can enjoy them on this post. I got to eat a lot of good food, go shopping for Preston, do water aerobics with my mom (Don't let the old ladies and singing fool you. That was quite a workout!), start a book by my favorite author and take lots of naps! It was fun catching up with friends I hadn't seen in awhile and spending time with my family. I hadn't seen my brother and sister-in-law since October so it was nice to see them for a day. One valuable lesson I learned, though, is that I can't eat chinese food for the rest of the pregnancy. I will spare you the pic but trust me when I tell you the sodium from the food caused my ankles to swell the size of an elephant's!
Tomorrow I guess I'll get off the couch and be more productive. I'll do more than one load of laundry, correct a stack of papers and run errands. It's time I started working out and getting things done around the house. Supposedly the weather will be nice but we'll see if that actually happens. After being in 70 degree temps, wearing flip flops, this drop in temp is not my cup of tea. Spring break is supposed to be warm!

No comments: