Monday, April 20, 2009

A Word Not in my Vocabulary

If I wasn't so incredibly tired I would walk downstairs, get the Websters dictionary and give you the face value definition of the word "sleep". But, just thinking about that makes me tired. Plus, I know it's a word that is no longer in my vocabulary for awhile. Last night Preston (aka Thumper) was kicking me so hard I looked like a Sci Fi character, where the alien takes over the person's body. Rob had his hand on my stomach but there was no need for that because my stomach looked like a wave machine with all of Preston's movements. Don't get me wrong, I love to feel our son because it means he's healthy and I feel like we're bonding. It's just that the house hadn't cooled down yet, Rob was watching TV because he was in too much pain to sleep and Preston was moving. All this meaning that sleep was not going to come easily. So, I fell asleep sometime between 10 and 11 only to wake up again around midnight for my bathroom break. Then I woke up again around 3:15am and was pretty much awake after that. It wouldn't be so bad, except I'm not on Spring Break anymore. It's back to reality. So, sleep or no sleep, I get to be "on" with a class full of 6th graders today. Sleep???? What does that word mean again???? I'll get back to you with the meaning come Fall or Winter, once it's back in my vocabulary!

No comments: