Monday, April 6, 2009

Social Butterflies

What a busy weekend, more so for Rob than me! Friday night we went next door to our neighbor's for a delicious dinner. It was nice to hang out with them, even though we were both tired from a long work week. It made me realize how blessed we are to have such great neighbors. Saturday Rob got up before the sun to get to work. I slept in about an hour more than him then got some stuff done around the house before heading off to a baby shower. After the shower I went blonde again and then met Rob at a 50th b-day party. Something was not right with my stomach so I left about a half hour after I got to the party. Needless to say, Saturday night was not such a fun night for me. It's the first time since I started feeling Preston move that I didn't like it. Every time my stomach started to settle down he'd kick and I'd feel "seasick". Since I hadn't slept at all Saturday night I made up for lost time yesterday. I fell asleep, sitting up mind you, while Rob was getting ready for work. I woke up a couple times after that but didn't get up for good until he called at noon. Last night we were going to go grab a bite to eat so we met up with another couple for dinner. It was fun catching up with Fred and we got to meet his new girlfriend. After dinner we did something we haven't done in awhile and went for a little drive. Rob showed me where they are working and some "rich" houses around the area. It was nice spending time with Rob, as we haven't seen each other much lately. When we got home we watched the CMAs and Rob got to feel Preston kick quite a bit. Although the weekend was filled with Rob working too much and me with a stomach bug, I thoroughly enjoyed the fun times we spent together. Unfortunately, it's now back to the real world......

No comments: