Monday, April 27, 2009

The Big One!

I was going to blog yesterday, but was having fun with Rob so it didn't happen. But, for you NASCAR fans out there you know what I'm referring to. A few years ago I could guarantee you would NEVER find a blog written by me in regards to NASCAR. Now I go to the early church service just to make sure I make it home in time for the race or we arrange our Saturday night plans to be home for it. Needless to say, I was not disappointed with yesterday's race. In fact, it's gotta be the best one I've seen to date! It was so intense that Rob and I were sitting on the edge of our seats, yelling at the TV. Usually I fall asleep at the start of the race and get a good hour of sleep in before I get into the race. Yesterday with the first Big One happening at Lap 7 I didn't know whether to chance a nap or not. My body gave in to sleep but luckily I didn't miss anything. I know what to watch for now and am learning more about strategy every week so I get to enjoy it like I never thought I would. I thought for sure Edwards was going to take the checkered flag so imagine my surprise (and apparently the rest of the USA's since that's all the media can talk about today) when Edwards flew in the air and flipped right before the finish line?? Being the classy guy he is, I thought it was great that he actually ran across the finish line. No matter who you root for (I personally like Stewart) you can't help but love that action packed race! In fact, after the race, I told Rob that I really want to go to Talladega next Spring. He has already called his parents to ask if they could watch Preston so we could go. Hopefully they won't change the track by then...or ever... so I can watch racing in true NASCAR style!

No comments: