Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Weird One Indeed!

When I lived in CA, although I wasn't professionally diagnosed with it , I felt like I suffered from SAD during the Winter months. Since moving to NV I haven't had those symptoms to which I am so thankful. Maybe because it's not foggy and overcast here often or maybe because I have a family to care for. I don't know but it's been nice not to deal with depression and always wanting to lay in bed.
That being said, the past couple days I've had one big pity party and I'm the only one invited. I've been bummed that Easton didn't make his arrival mid-December as hoped (by me). I'm bummed that we haven't been able to go look at Christmas lights or spend much time as a family because Rob keeps getting called out to do storm work. (Although the paycheck will be nice in a couple weeks as will the vacation time he's accruing) I'm bummed that for the first time in my life I won't be with family on Christmas day. And I'm really bummed that my edema is getting so bad that my arms and hands fall asleep, tingle, and/or hurt almost 24/7.
Today was such an "off" day for me and all I wanted to do was stay in bed. But, being a mom, I forced myself up and around out of a labor of love. I met with some friends at the kids museum so P could play and have some social interaction with peers. We were going to stay a couple hours but, between the storm, me feeling light headed and my feet so swollen it hurt to stand, I cut our trip short. I was hoping that a nap with P would help and then Rob could take over this afternoon since he had some quiet time this morning. But shortly after P and I got up Rob's phone rang and he was back at work. If it had just been me I would've crawled into bed, read and watched TV while in between catnaps. However, I couldn't do that so I tried to make it a fun evening for P. We played games and he "wrote" a list of groceries I needed to get (2 of which items were sushi and Starbucks...I love him!). I made him a simple dinner that zapped me of all my energy and caused him to refuse to eat (Loaded potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches sounded good-and easy-after such a cold day!) Now he's taking a bath and I have a feeling that as soon as he goes to bed I will too. I'm praying that tomorrow I feel 1000% times better and that Rob gets to be with us all day. I'm enjoying all the snow that's dumped but it's wreaking havoc on family time!

If you decide that I'm "Debbie Downer" and that all I do is complain I don't blame you if you stop following our blog. I wouldn't want to read about all my complaining either. especially when others have it SOOOOO much worse than me. I hope that in the next couple weeks, once Easton is born, that will all change. I won't be swollen from head to toe but will be enjoying holding our wonderful son in my arms....and Rob will be happy because hopefully it'll mean I don't keep him up with my new found snoring issue anymore. :) One can hope!!

No comments: