Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Difference a Day Makes

The funk I've been in seems to have passed. Today was a great day! Despite another snow storm, we got out of the house a lot and while we were inside we didn't sit in front of the TV non-stop like we have been doing. The day started with a family breakfast at our favorite place and then church. Unfortunately, Rob got called into work a few minutes into the sermon but at least I got to enjoy the Christmas worship time. After P and I woke up from our naps we played games and did Christmas crafts. I let him watch one short cartoon before we left for a Mother/Son date night. (Rob will be at work well into the night.) We went to BJs for dinner and then to Walmart, where I bought a new vacuum. Most people probably don't get excited about a new vacuum but I hate dirty carpets so I am thrilled to have a vacuum that actually sucks up dirt...especially before a new baby arrives!
The best part of the day was hearing about a Christmas miracle. A guy that goes to my parents' church has been down on his luck as far as finding employment. For various reasons he has not been able to find work, despite pounding the pavement to find a job. His wife found out a few months back that they were expecting their 3rd child, adding to his financial stress. Well, this week he was offered a job! According to my mom, he was thrilled beyond belief to share the great news during the church service. What an answer to prayer! Between our fun day at the Herrington household and Wayne getting a job it's been a great day.

No comments: