Saturday, December 29, 2012

Update on Life

So here's the latest from NV............Yesterday I thought I was going to have Easton because I had some pretty intense contractions and some other things going on (we'll leave it at that). But, much to my dismay I didn't end up even making it to the hospital. When we went to bed I told Rob that I thought I'd have Easton this weekend, most likely today. Well, the day is close to being over and other than a few contractions I don't have anything to report. I am happy to say that I have found a solution for sleeping a little better at night though. My arms have been numb and tingling a lot, especially when I sleep. Actually I don't sleep because it hurts so much. But I researched solutions and found that a wrist brace I was ordered when P was born would help. It has!! It's so nice to sleep at night without pain searing down both arms and into my fingers.
So, with a good night's sleep under my belt and no baby in sight we had a nice family day together today. We started out by going to Cabelas where I ordered our new comforter and the boys played. We were there so long that by the time we got home it was lunch time and nap time. P had worn himself out and took a very long nap. (Rob and I might pay the price for his long nap at bed time) Once we finally woke up we went outside for some fun in the snow. I thought by moving to the valley we wouldn't have to contend with very much snow but we easily have a foot from the past week. It's made for some fun the past couple days now that the sun's peaking through occasionally. Once we were sufficiently worn out from throwing snowballs, walking to the mailbox and eating icicles we came inside for hot cocoa. The boys wrestled and played while I "nested" some more. Now we're watching "Frosty the Snowman" and enjoying a nice quiet evening together. Life will be chaotic soon enough so I'm enjoying these quiet family weekend times together.

Here is a pic that Rob took of Mt. Rose with his camera phone....

No comments: