Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Judging or Respect?

Being judged is one of those things that gets under my skin. There are even 27 verses in the Bible in regards to judging. So why is it that I feel like I've been judging people too much lately? Sleep alludes me this week so I got to thinking about it last night while I was trying to count sheep. I THINK I came to the conclusion that I'm not necessarily judging people as losing respect for them. I've lost respect for a friend, my latest hairdresser (I always seem to find the most drama filled hairdressers) and a lady I dealt with on Craigslist....all within the last month or so. In fact I lost so much respect for my hairdresser last night when she confided in me about 2 things that I won't be going back to her. Despite her being my hairdresser for a couple years and knowing all about her many struggles in life, I can't-in good confidence-support her financially. Growing up, I found it odd that my dad would boycott restaurants if he didn't agree with their commercials. Now I'm learning that it's ok not to support someone- as a friend or from a financial standpoint- if you don't agree with them. Is it wrong to think this way? I don't know. Feel free to judge me on it. :)

No comments: