Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

A couple years ago a friend brought it to my attention that some women feel about Mother's Day as I do about Valentine's Day. It's just another dumb Hallmark holiday. So I try to be respectful of that after thinking about it from that perspective. That being said, I do like being treated as a princess for the day. I didn't think that would happen when I woke up this morning though. Easton needed his nails clipped. P wanted a stuffed animal sewn together and I wanted to get breakfast made. But after all that was done I got to become a princess. We went to church together, where I was given a rose and a hug from our pastor for having one of the youngest members of the congregation. After church was over, Rob asked if I wanted to go to Tahoe. I decided that, instead of going to Olive Garden, it'd be fun to go to this little whole in the wall dive that I like in Incline and then have a picnic at the beach so that's exactly what we did. P had a blast and kept exclaiming, "I looooove Mother's Day!!". We're back home now and I'm enjoying a relaxing afternoon before we top off the day with ice cream for dinner. Although I try to be sensitive about others not being able to be moms, I 'm sure thankful that God chose me to be the mom of two wonderful boys that are my joy 365 days a year!



No comments: