Saturday, May 11, 2013

Moving!

I'm guessing you've heard by now but if you haven't let me fill you in....we're moving to Louisiana! Rob got a lineman position at a company that he's wanted to work for off and on for about 16 years. We didn't think it'd ever happen but are happy, excited and nervous about this new chapter in our lives. It's a great opportunity for Rob and we really feel that this is the Lord's will for us.
There are many things I'm looking forward to with this move. I'm looking forward to new adventures, being close to NASCAR tracks, having a lot of Rob's cousins close by that have kids P and E's ages, planting a big garden, the beautiful scenery, being close to the beach, the historical monuments.....
I'm nervous about moving to Louisiana as well. I'm nervous about the snakes, gator filled water, mosquitoes, allergies, starting over with meeting friends, and finding a new church and a new pediatrician (I'll miss our pastor and pediatrician terribly!).
There are also a lot of things I'll miss about Nevada. It goes without saying that I'll miss being close to my parents and all my NV/CA friends but there are other things I'll miss as well. I'll miss my two favorite lunch places, Super Burrito and Jimmy Johns.  I'll miss being a hop, skip and a jump away from Tahoe and being right next to California. Although I won't miss the wildfires and brown landscape I will miss all the open land, the dry heat and the snow capped mountains. Not having to deal with allergies the past 5 years has been super nice and I've grown to enjoy the wind...if it gives us a break once in awhile. I'll miss my little play group but am excited about a MOPs group that one of Rob's cousins is going to introduce me to. I'll miss mine and Rob's annual Elk hunt. It provides plenty of entertainment and bonding. Since elk is the only thing I have a desire to hunt, I'm hanging up my bow and won't be hunting (unless I decide I like turkey hunting next Spring).
Tomorrow I'll give my (new) thoughts on Mother's Day but then I'll probably be away from our blog for awhile as we're going to pack up the house so Rob can move our stuff to Louisiana Memorial Day weekend. Once we get settled I'll fill ya in on all our new adventures so stay tuned....


No comments: