Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Running on Adrenaline

The past few weeks my life has been dictated by a never ending To-Do list and 2 young boys. I've been running on adrenaline from sun up until well past sun down. Because of this the actuality of a big move has yet to really hit me. Yes, I've shed my share of tears in the past month. I've cried myself to sleep countless times. But everything still seems so surreal to me. Packing the freight and RV with all of our worldly belongings seemed surreal. Watching Rob and his best friend drive away, leaving Reno, seemed surreal. Visiting my parents for the next couple weeks seems surreal. I don't know when it'll hit me that my life is drastically different. It may be when I can't call my parents and say, "Hey, Rob is working long hours on a storm so how about the boys and I come for a visit?". Or it may be when I can't call up Ashley, Amanda, Jen or Summer and say, "Hey, we don't have any plans today. Want to get together for a play date?". Or it may be when I can't figure out what to do with the boys because I don't know where anything is. Or it may be when one of the boys gets sick and I can't get an appt within an hour like I can do with Dr. Althoff (Or when I can't call his personal cell and know he'll call in an emergency prescription even though he's on vacation). Or it may be when I get the monthly email about my LWBC meeting and know I can't take part in this month's book club. Or it may not hit me until P's birthday and the 4th roll around and I'm surrounded by wonderful family that I hardly know. Or it may not hit me until the 2 year mark is up, signaling whether we stay in Louisiana or head back to the Reno area. I don't know. I do know that it'll be a big adjustment, one full of ups and downs for all of us. I do know that Rob has family close by to help with this enormous transition. So, through it all, no matter when it hits I know I'll be okay because no matter what I've got God wrapping His arms around me through it all and friends/family encouraging me when I need it most.

No comments: