Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rambling Thoughts

Today I took my lil (big) guy to his 4 month appt today. It was a bittersweet visit. It was good because he's in the 75th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. It was bitter because of having to say goodbye to the pediatrician that saved our son's life. There are a few things I'm nervous about but the 2 things I'm the most nervous about finding when we move is a pediatrician and new church. I have no doubt we'll find a good pediatrician but none can compare to our current one. The boys' nurse and I shed a couple tears and gave each other a huge hug before the dr visit officially started. When our pediatrician came in he wanted to make sure that I knew he'd help in any way possible if we needed it in the future. He was very encouraging and supportive about our move, letting me know he was here for us even if we're in another state.
I'm excited about most aspects of the move but there are a few times that I know will be sad. The time I will most likely be sad is around P's birthday and the 4th of July. All he wanted for his birthday was to go to Chuck E Cheese with a few friends so we're doing that this weekend as an early birthday celebration. I can't fathom throwing him a big party two weeks after moving there when he won't know anyone (even if they are family). The next day I'll be sad because I was really looking forward to our big camping trip with our "Archery Family". We had such a good time last year and I was looking forward to doing it again this year.
I know there will be plenty of fun things to do there. I also know I'll meet people and find a pediatrician and church like I did when I moved here 5 years ago. Here's to new adventures.....

No comments: