Friday, November 10, 2017

A Three For One

Well, will you looky here? I only got a week into November before I started slacking. So, I guess tonight you get three blogs in one. Sooo.....

November 8
I am thankful for our church family. Over the Summer I signed up to help with the kids' Wednesday night church program and I loved it. I was planning on taking a break once school started, but the boys were excited about the new program starting up. So, I signed up to help with that one as well. I will be honest. There are some nights I don't want to go and some nights the boys don't want to go. It's hard during the school week and it's made even more difficult when we have sports 2-3 nights out of the week as well. (Let's not forget the school events either.) But, once I get to church I am thankful for the people I get to fellowship with.
On Sundays I look forward to catching up with friends at church. I love the hugs and the "How are you doing?" conversations! I love how some of us get together, on occasion, to go to the movies or have a play date with the kids in tow. I love how we help others out and they are quick to help us as well. With our families being in other states, I am thankful that we have our church family. It is such a blessing!

November 9
Preston is our bookworm. He loves to read and loves to learn! But, another thing he loves is football. I am thankful that he found a sport he loves because, quite honestly, I was wondering if he would ever enjoy extracurricular activities. He is a social butterfly. However, he doesn't like to do something if he thinks he may fail. (Yeah, he doesn't get that at all from his mama!) So whenever we asked him if he would like to join a certain sports team or do Boy Scouts he wouldn't show interest. But, now that he's into his third season of football, he is really loving it. And...he's gotten to be really good at it! He is awesome at defense and, most games, is the star of the game as far as making "tackles" (insert: pulling flags). I love watching his games and really love watching Rob coach his team!

November 10
I can't let a "Thankful Day" go by without mentioning cold weather. We finally got some...until tomorrow. I have loved wearing hoodies and my UGGs. I loved freezing at P's game last night. Seriously, I did. I love seeing my breath in the morning. I love everything about the cold weather! So, on the rare occasion we get a cold day or two down in the Sultry South, I love every minute of it. Who knows? Maybe this year, we may even get some snow! A girl could hope anyway.

P.S. I want to get back to my book so I am not checking for grammar or spelling mistakes. You'll just have to deal with my imperfect blogs.

No comments: