Saturday, November 4, 2017

Adventures

Being a parent of boys is not for the faint at heart. Every week brings a new adventure. Some are easy, crafty, my kind of fun. Others are educational. Some are destructive. And, as they get older, I am sure some will be gruesome. But, never the less, they are all interesting. This week's adventure includes yet another turtle. I have learned more about turtles in the past 10 months than I ever knew. A few months back we had a turtle (Sniper Jr) that we let out for awhile. Well, while she was out, she dug a hole and we believe she laid eggs there. We have been monitoring the area ever since, hoping to find one of her babies. Yesterday when I let our dog out, lo and behold, there was a baby turtle in our pool. We grabbed it, put it in a box and named it.....drum roll please....Sniper III. (When we find a name we like we stick with it!) Now, you may have learned by now, that we don't have the best track record with turtles. Who knows if we'll have this one a week, a month or a year? I do know E already lost it yesterday and, thankfully, one of Rob's friends who had stopped by to visit, found it for us. One thing is for sure- no matter how long Sniper III stays with us, it will be an adventure. And today I am thankful for all of our adventures (so far!).

No comments: