Saturday, September 27, 2008

DIXIE




This is Dixie, the newest addition to the Herrington family. Rob had been looking at horses for awhile, but when he met her he fell in love. Dixie is a very sweet, beautiful 1 1/2 year old Palamino filly from Ely, NV. She got attacked my a mountain lion when she was four months old so she has a small cosmetic scar on her right shoulder and is on the shy side at first, but is a "love bug" once she's comfortable with you. She is a registered quarter horse bred out of world champion cutting horses. Originally named Blondy Chex, Rob decided to rename her Dixie. She is getting used to our property and being away from her sister, which in my opinion, is like the first night of puppy stage. She is running around the corral and whinnying to the neighbor's horse. Since we got her home after dark, I don't have any pictures of her here. But, this is her leaving her old house, getting ready to become a Herrington!

4 comments:

Rebecca Jetton said...

Jen, she is beautiful! I checked your blog several times today looking for her! You must be soooo excited!

Jen said...

Yes, we are! Rob keeps going out on the balcony to look at her.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I can only imagine what Roxy must be thinking but I know you have enough love for the both of them. Mom

Anonymous said...

That's my girl...I knew she'd give a warm welcome to the "new kid on the block". Good photos! Mom