Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sisters Meet



As predicted, last night was rough for Dixie. I had my "mom ears" open so I heard her running around the corral all night. This morning Rob was working with her and she'd get so excited she would whinny loud enough for all the mountain to hear. So, not getting any sleep, I went down to hang out with Dixie. Roxy stood on the balcony, whining, so I brought her down to the corral. I have to say that it was comical and sweet all in one. Dixie is social and is having a hard time being away from her horse friends and sister. So, she seemed pretty excited to meet Roxy. Roxy, however, hadn't eaten breakfast and was more excited about the apples and carrots that Dixie had discarded on the ground. Roxy would run in long enough to grab a piece of food and as soon as Dixie saw she was in the corral and made her way to where Roxy was, Roxy would run out and enjoy her food on the outside of the fence. It was a game that Roxy seemed to enjoy more than Dixie. I think, in time, they will be loving sisters with each other!

No comments: