Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall is in the Air

AHHHH, as I type, I am sitting wrapped up in my robe and a fleece blanket. It must mean that Fall is in the air! We woke up to the smell of fires burning in the fireplaces up here. Driving down the mountain yesterday, I noticed that the leaves were starting to change. Last night I made a crockpot full of homemade chicken noodle soup and fresh cornbread (Rob wasn't feeling well.) Then we left a window open and fell asleep bundled up under the comforter. I love this time of year! On weekend mornings, I love sitting with a hot cup of coffee, bundled up in a blanket and a good book to read. The one thing I miss from home is going to craft fairs with my mom. That is a tradition...breakfast at LaBou, then hit as many craft fairs as possible, rating them as we go. She and I talked yesterday about finding a weekend that we could get together to at least go to Apple Hill. There is supposed to be a warm up this week, but after that I will begin getting out the Fall decorations and enjoying the crisp Fall air! Living in the mountains makes Fall that much more enjoyable!!

No comments: