Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween and Hunkerin' Down




Yesterday we celebrated Nevada Day and Halloween all rolled into one. My Halloween started on Thursday, when my class had a party. This is one of my most favorite classes I've taught so I had a lot of fun watching the kids dress up and get so excited. My student that has autism was so excited to be Batman that I couldn't stop smiling at him. I'm not a big fan of putting kids' pictures on the internet but I had to post this picture because this student has one of the best costumes I've seen! (I blocked part of his face for privacy)I laughed so hard when he walked in the room because this costume matches his personality perfectly. I got the day off yesterday(of course Rob didn't) for Nevada Day and we had a neighborhood Halloween party. It was a fairly small group, but one lady said she'd like to have this every year at our house. It was fun to see the costumes and watch the kids so excited about Halloween.
This morning we woke up to strong winds and spritzing rain. It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow so I am looking forward to making a crockpot of vegetable beef soup, getting a fire going and hunkering down with a good book and movie. I love being social, but there are also times I like that we don't have plans and can just relax. We have such a great, balanced life together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pumpkin, very cute and the couple doesn't look so bad either!!! Mom