Sunday, November 2, 2008

Severe Storm

We get a lot of snow up here in the Winter and the occasional thunder storm in the Summer but we had the mother of all storms last night. It came with high winds, lightning, A LOT of rain and a power outage. At one point I told Rob that I felt like one of the 3 little pigs, waiting for our house to blow over. The wind became unbearably loud so I used a lighter to try to find my ear plugs. Rob got candles and helped me to no avail. Finally, I gave up and knew I'd have to do my best to tune it out. Rob told me to lay on his chest and his heartbeat is what I focused on to lull me to sleep. Once I fell asleep, I slept great, which surprised me because the wind sure was loud. We thought we'd wake up to snow, but apparently it never got cold enough. Although the power was back on when we woke up, there was no snow on the ground. There will be plenty of time for that though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get snow last night? The weather was forecast for snow as low as Camino on the 50 side. Mom
P.S. Drive carefully!!!