Thursday, November 6, 2008

Weird Week

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just want it to end because disturbing things keep happening? That's how it's been for me this week. I'm not one to really share my political views because I don't care to debate. You have your views, I have mine. Let's just respect them. But, since this is my blog I am free to say that I was extremely disappointed with Tuesday's elections. I felt like my vote didn't count because McCain lost, as did our friend that was running for the Storey School Board. Then, an initiative that would've given more money to the school district I work for through a slight tax increase failed as well. (That actually shocked a lot of people!)
Yesterday Rob and I got to sleep in a little (6am versus 4:30 for Rob). When we got up, Rob went to check on Dixie. To his horror, the corral fence was broken to pieces in one section and Dixie was gone. We both went into "panic mode". I threw on sweats and we came up with a game plan to scan the area. Just as I was pulling out of the garage, he came running over, waving his arms. Apparently Rob takes really good care of Dixie and she had no real desire to escape because she was hanging out with the neighbor's horse next door. Rob mended the corral to the best of his ability, lacking supplies and time. His project each night this week and this weekend is to completely repair the corral so Dixie is safe again. We don't know what spooked her, but I got to see firsthand how powerfully strong horses can be!
Well, I am off to a math conference so I hope nothing else out of the ordinary occurs.

No comments: